Monday, July 6, 2009

Hi, Everyone.

We’ve had a bit of a change of plans here, so I’ll give a quick, current update:

After another battery of last minute, double testing, we just found out today that I’m not a possible donor for Barry. I’m fine as far as my own health, but would not be if they took one of my kidneys, likely ending up in dialysis myself.

As many of you know, I flew out earlier than expected, having heard that there were some more recently voiced concerns by the doctors – I couldn’t rest until I knew that every possible test was done (twice, three, four times), proving that I wasn’t a viable donor candidate.

We just found that out a few hours ago today, so the disappointment is still quite acute, but in true Miguel fashion, we’re already on to Plan B & C – I hesitate to give details, since it’ll still require medical clearance, so we’ll just have to stay mum for the next few days until we have more concrete information.

Barry & David are hanging in there (Dad’s biscocho cookies are helping us all), Ruth is here for the duration, and I’ll likely be back to SF/SR in the next 4/5 days.

Thanks so much for checking in and for all of your lovely posts, and my apologies for revving-up my own people unnecessarily.

I’ll be in touch soon, Renee

1 comment: