Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2:00am Tuesday Post

I’ve just gotten off the phone w/Melanie and Ruth, 4:50am NY time (no, I can’t sleep right now). All 4 were up & dressed and set to be there by 5:30 – Not much traffic at that time, so shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.

Ruth was just slicing some apples to have as a snack for later – I can’t imagine she has much of an appetite, but it’s nice to have something to do when you’re anxious.

Melanie and I said the Mi Sheberakh together (Hebrew prayer for physical & spiritual healing), and Barry is wearing his beautiful Prayer Shawl, given to him by his mother-in-law, Sara, as a gift from her and her congregation – How wonderful for him to feel so wrapped in their warmth on his way to Sinai this morning.

Ruth is our “insider”, and will be calling me as soon as Melanie is brought down for surgery, then when Barry is, any updates by nurses or doctors during their surgeries, and also when each is in the Recovery Room and then back into their respective hospital rooms.

If the timing is as expected, they could both be post-op by 11am or noon NY time today, and quite possibly earlier than that.

That’s all for now; I’ll post again the moment I hear from Ruth or David.

No comments:

Post a Comment