Monday, July 27, 2009

Dear Friends,

Here we are on the night/early morning prior to the surgeries, and so far, all is well.

Melanie has been on a simple clear liquid diet for 2 days, and was so hungry and in need of flavor of any kind yesterday (Monday), that she was actually on her way to buy and make Jell-o - Now that’s desperation.

Barry, on the other hand, hasn’t had much in the way of restriction, and when we spoke an hour or two ago, had just come home from what we all hope will be his last dialysis appointment – From his lips to G-d’s ear, as we say.

They’ll be arriving at Sinai at 5:30, surgery’s set to begin with Melanie around 7, 7:30am, and Barry to follow soon after. Ruth and David have sworn to be in constant cell-phone contact so I’m able to give up to the minute reports on this web-page throughout the day.

If you can’t be near a computer tomorrow and are frantic for news, you have my permission to call me on my cell #, for a brief but accurate update: 707-322-4627

“May G-d Guide the Surgeon’s Hands”

I’ll be in touch the minute I have any news at all, Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment